Another version of traditional Polish and Lithuanian cold borscht – chlodnik.
Ingredients in this recipe:
- 1 l of sour milk or natural yoghurt
- 0.25 l of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 bunch of young beets
- 1 bunch of dill
- 1 bunch of red radishes
- 1 cucumber
- 4 onions
- 150 g of roast veal
- salt, sugar
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- Wash beet leaves with stalks and chop them. Put them to pot and pour a little water. Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes. Put it aside to cool.
- Wash cucumber, cut into cubes and season with salt.
- Rinse onions and dill rinse and chop coarsely.
- Wash radishes and cut into thin slices.
- Boil two eggs, remove an eggshell and divide into quarters.
- Cut roast veal into stripes.
- Pour 1 l of sour milk (or yoghurt) to a large pot and whisk it. In another bowl whisk 0.25 l of sour cream. Then mix both precisely.
- Add cooled beetroot brew (point 1).
- Add cucumbers, radishes, dill, spring onions and veal.
- Seazon your chlodnik with salt and black pepper.
- Mix the whole and put into the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Dish up cold with boiled eggs inside. Before serving stirr the soup.
Chlodnik can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 days, keeping fresh. I hope that you find this cold borscht (chlodnik) recipe useful. Enjoy your meal! Smacznego! :)