Ingredients in this recipe:
- 1 kg of pure, cut up beef or pork tripe
- 0.5 kg of the beef meat (without bone)
- 4-5 carrots
- medium size celery
- 2 parsleys
- spoonful of butter
- two spoonfuls of the flour
- one spoonful of the marjoram
takes 1 h — makes ~5-6 portions
- Clean 1 kg of beef tripe, previously cut up and blanched. Sift out on the colander.
- Put 0.5 kg of the beef without the bone into the pot. Pour over 2.5–3 litres of water and cook 1 hour.
- In the meantime cut up or shred 4–5 of medium–sized carrots, one average celery and 2 parsleys.
- Put vegetables into the stock and cook along for next 30 minutes.
- Pour previously prepared tripe.
- Salt some more and season to taste.
- Gently cook the whole on the slight fire for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Make the roux from butter and the flour, add to soup and mix precisely.
- Before the end of cooking add the marjoram.
- Serve with fresh bread (the best is to serve with a roll).
I hope that you find this polish beef tripe recipe useful. Enjoy your meal! Smacznego! :)