Ingredients in this recipe:
- a handful of dried mushrooms (100 g)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 medium beets
- 2 liters of vegetable broth (2 carrots, 1 onion, 1 parsley, 1 leek)
- dried herbs: 2 bay leaves, 2 tablespoons of marjoram, 6 grains of black pepper, 4 grains of allspice
- 3 tablespoons of the chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of thick sour cream (18% fat)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- The day before: rinse mushrooms in the sieve, put into a saucepan, pour 2 cups of cold water and leave for a night.
- The next day, cook mushrooms until tender (about 20 minutes) in water in which they were soaked, but with the addition of bay leaves and garlic.
- Wash beets, wrap each in aluminium foil, place on baking sheet and bake until tender (about 1 hour). You can check beets with a knife or a fork. It should go through smoothly.
- Spread the foil, peel and grate the beets into stripes.
- Add marjoram, pepper, allspice and parsley to the boiling broth. Then add grated beets, and season with salt.
- After some time add lemon juice. Decant vegetable broth and combine it with the mushroom brew. Leave few mushrooms in the soup - the rest can be used for something else.
I hope that you find this Christmas Eve supper red borscht recipe useful. Enjoy your meal! Smacznego! :)