Ingredients in this recipe:
- 150 g of beets
- 150 g of tomatoes
- 150 g of carrot, celery, parsley
- 100 g of onion
- 4 spoons of cleaned and chopped parsley leaves with dill
- lemon juice
takes 1 h
- Peel beets, carrot, celery and parsley, wash and rinse in water. Grate vegetables with grater.
- Peel onion, rinse and cut into little pieces. Along with other vegetables put into the pot and pour hot water. Cook vegetables, until soft.
- Pour fresh tomatoes with boiling water, and then take their skin down. If you use frozen tomatoes peel them at once. Cut tomatoes into cubes.
- Chop the dill and parsley leaves up. Throw it with tomatoes into boiling borscht.
- Season to taste with salt and with lemon juice if necessary.
The Ukrainian borscht in vegetarian version is ready to eat. However, you can also serve the borscht with a hard-boiled egg or pieces of cooked, stewed or baked meat.
I hope that you find this ukrainian borscht simple recipe useful. Enjoy your meal! Smacznego! :)